Saturday, December 3, 2011

Over Thanksgiving we organized a Thanksgiving Outreach for YWAM Louisville--We had five teams go out on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of Thanksgiving week doing lots of different things like serving meals to the homeless, distributing Bibles in a low-income area, and various service projects. My favorite time was Bible distribution because it was so great to be able to offer hope in the form of the Word of God to people. We were able to talk with one woman, Starr, who had been struggling with depression. We prayed with her and encouraged her with Scripture. She was so happy--she kept saying, "I'm so glad I opened my door!"

It was a busy but rewarding week :)

Last week our teaching was on Missions. God used it to remind me and emphasize to me that the next step after SOMD will involve some sort of preparation in developing a skill that I can bring into a country. The speaker emphasized having an "entry strategy" that will allow me to enter and stay in various countries. There are so many possibilities--education, business, health...lots of options. I need to seek the Lord and get some further guidance about which direction to step, but i am excited as I think about the work of proclaiming how great our God is to the nations :) Sometimes it seems like such an impossible task--to go to people who have never heard the Gospel and expect them to change everything they believe and follow Christ. But in these times the Spirit always reminds me of Christ's victory in the resurrection, the hope He has given us, and the power of the cross. God is so amazing. the Gospel is so amazing. truly good news. how quickly i forget these things if i take my eyes off of Christ Jesus even for a moment. The Gospel is powerful. Praise God His kingdom is not dependent upon my ability but on His Spirit and His finished victory! this is the message we carry to the nations--that God alone is worthy to be praised!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Amen sister!!!! Seeing people coming into the Kingdom means you laying down and pouring out your life on a people. Just like Jesus did for the twelve. He will use you to change nations by changing one person at a time! It will happen!